Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tribute

My Grandpa Blane Hendricks passed away this past weekend and I would like to pay tribute to the special man that he was and to his incredible steadfast wife, my grandmother. My grandparents and the most hardworking people I know. Every time we drove up to Idaho to visit we could always expect deliciously cooked meals and wonderful hospitality, my grandma would work tirelessly to make sure we were taken care of and well fed. She would always stay up to let us in no matter how late we arrived. We could always expect the horses to be saddled (or sometimes not) and ready to go on adventures with Grandpa. They always put up with us kids probably doing things we weren't supposed to such as playing in the storage room with the old clothes and roller skates and driving in grandpa's fields on the four wheelers or climbing haystacks! But I loved going into the kitchen early in the morning or late in the evening and talking to grandpa as he sat on a stool by the counter. He always remembered what was going on in my life, and he ALWAYS made me laugh! Both my grandparents have always been great examples to me. They not only are hard workers but they are incredibly strong in the gospel. They have raised 7 incredible children who are just like them. I have a wonderful legacy to live up to and I will be forever grateful for my grandparents!

7 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful tribute. I've started a blog to write down memories of grandma & grandpa. I need your email address & then you can be a contributer. Just leave it on a comment...because we definately need you. Tell everyone else:)

The blog is www.diamondhranch.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

I am so sorry to here about your Grandpa. Your tribute to him was awesome. I'll be thinking of you.

Jenna Johnson said...

didnt' you think Grandma looked so cute too!! Not only is she amazing but cute!! Kim and I couldn't stop talking about it!!!

Brittney said...

They really do have some amazing, strong kids now. That's a reflection of both Grandma and Grandpa. They have set such a great example for us that way.

Jill said...

I love you kayli! I never say it enough, even though I know you already know. I keep crying when I read everybody's tributes. I'm so proud to be a part of this family!

NatPalmer said...

Sorry about your Grandpa, Kayli! I'm glad you have good memories of him. :)

Amy Jensen said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, he sounded like an amazing father and grandpa!