Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cabin Fever

Andy and I had been wanting to do a family get away all summer but with his new job where he travels to Philadelphia quite often it never happened. Well we finally got some R&R this past labor day weekend (I'm just a little late on the posting)! We headed up to the Baugh Family Cabin on Friday morning and spent the weekend, it was a lot of fun! I also celebrated my 25th birthday on the Sunday that we were at the cabin, we ate some yummy cheesecake and I got to blow out candles this year (of course I made the cheesecake and put the candles on, as a mom if you want candles on your cake you better do it yourself, right?) but it was a great weekend and a fun time spent with family!
The Four of Us
Andy and Austin hangin' together
Eating Lunch (we actually ended up forgetting Caleb was in his chair because all the other kids got up to play he was sitting there for like 30 minutes, poor kid!)
A really pretty moth or butterfly, anyone know?
Happy 25th to me!
Andy's sis Emily tipped over and then couldn't get up, it was really funny! We love you Em!
Part of the Baugh clan enjoying smores!
Austin also started preschool a little while ago! He goes to my mom and I am so excited about it. My mom has taught for many years ever since I was young, and I always wondered if she would still be doing it when I had kids and I am so thankful that she is! She is such an incredible teacher and has ENDLESS amounts of patience, I don't know how she does it. But Austin loves it, and he gets to go with my sisters son, Jack and my cousins daughter, Gracie, and it has been a lot of fun to see them play and learn together! They were so proud of the bags they made the first day.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your making me have cabin fever. I'd love a week in the mountain to breath in some fresh air.

AND I'm jealous of your mom teaching preschool. It makes me want my little Jaden to go too. Think I could fly him over twice a week:)

Brittney said...

I love the picture of the kiddos at preschool. How fun for little cousins to get to hang out together.

Happy belated Birthday. It sounds like it was a fun one!

Andrea said...

Happy late birthday! I am glad that you got to have a little R&R! Miss ya at bunco! We still have a spot open!!!!

Sorensen Family said...

Yea for preschool! It is a nice break for you and for Austin to get out of the house! I love it when somebody else is teaching my kid something useful!

Tim and Kristine said...

Happy Late birthdAY!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Kaylie! I was blog surfing and came across your blog. I also found Jill's and Dallin's. I love blogging. Your family looks so cute and I am so happy to see that you guys are doing well. check out my blog if you want to. www.mutchblogging.blogspot.com
-Melissa

Brittney said...

Just wanted to let you know, I just made my blog private. I have been getting way too many hits and I've got me an Australian stocker who gets on my site 4 times a day and looks at our pictures...a little too freaky!

Anyway, I would love for you to keep stopping by but you will have to sign in first. It should pull up to a sign-in page now.

M&M said...

That looks super fun! This time of year I always miss the good northwest. And, Happy Birthday!!!! I can't believe you are only 25 and we got married the same weekend. I guess I was a little late with things. :) Anyway, I miss you tons!!!!

Brittney said...

haha...I just got on your blog and was welcomed by the song on your playlist "Right here waiting" by Richard Marx. Talk about a flashback to the good old 80's. I LOVED that song! :)

Brooke said...

I can't believe it was your birthday that weekend and I didn't even know...I hope you had a fun birthday!